How to be a Poet
- ISBN-13: 9781911027119
- Publisher/Imprint: NINE ARCHES PRESS
- Author: Bell, Jo
- Price: AUD 29.99
- Stock: 0 in stock
- Availability: This book is temporarily out of stock, order will be despatched as soon as fresh stock is received.
- Local release date: 14/03/2018
- Format: Paperback (216mm X 138mm) 200 pages Weight: 260g
- Categories: Creative writing & creative writing guides [CBV]Social & cultural history [HBTB]c 1800 to c 1900 [3JH]
How to be a Poet combines practical advice and topical mini-essays that examine both the technical and creative dimensions of being a poet. It’s a no-nonsense manual where we’ve replaced the spanners with lots of ink, elbow grease and edits. At each step, we ask plenty of questions – what makes a poem tick over perfectly, how do we get it started when it stalls, and which warning lights should you never ignore? Aimed at both new and more established poets, we hope there will be plenty for everyone here. And we’re looking forward to what our special guest contributors will have to add, also.
- Google Preview content