Australian Geographic A Naturalist's Guide to the Dangerous Creatures of
- ISBN-13: 9781912081608
JOHN BEAUFOY AUD
Imprint: JOHN BEAUFOY AUD
- Author: Rowland, Peter & Eipper, Scott
- Price: AUD 24.99
- Stock: 216 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 21/08/2018
- Format: Paperback (180mm X 128mm) 176 pages Weight: 380g
- Categories: Wildlife: general interest [WNC]
This easy-to-use identification guide to the 280 species of dangerous creature most commonly seen in Australia is perfect for resident and visitor alike. High quality photographs from Australia’s top nature photographers are accompanied by detailed species descriptions, which include nomenclature, size, distribution, habits and habitat. The user-friendly introduction covers the geography and climate of Australia, types of habitat, and details of orders and families. Also included is an all-important checklist of all of the dangerous creatures of Australia encompassing, for each species, its common and scientific name, and its global IUCN status as at 2015.
Peter Rowland is a wildlife conservationist, educator and nature photographer, and worked at the Australian Natural History Museum for a period spanning 30 years. Peter has travelled extensively throughout Australia as a biodiversity consultant, and has written several books and scientific articles on Australias wildlife. In 1999, Peter was the recipient of a Whitley Award from the Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales. Scott Eipper is a herpetological consultant, author and wildlife photographer, who works with his wife Tyese, in their business Nature 4 You. As part of his role Scott conducts wildlife surveys, emergency removals and educational displays. He has written two books, papers and numerous articles on Australian herpetofauna.
- One of the most the most dangerous places for humans to live on earth, Australia is home to a variety of creatures that can severely injure humans on land and in the water.
- From the giant saltwater crocodile and great white shark to the tiny red-backed spider and dozens of poisonous snakes, travellers and residents alike now have a handy pocket reference that covers the creatures to watch out for.
-This beautifully illustrated guide highlights 280 dangerous species and includes detailed species descriptions, nomenclature, size, distribution, habits and habitat.
- The next title in an established and highly successful series.
- Lead author Peter Rowland worked at the Australian Museum in Sydney.
- Google Preview content