Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
- Art, Music, Design and Photography
- Autism and Aspergers
- Biography and True Stories
- Business and Finance
- Children, Teenage and Educational
- Clinical Psychology
- Computing and IT
- Earth Sciences
- Health and Personal Development
- Lifestyle, Sport and Leisure
- Literature and Literary Studies
- Mathematics and Science
- Society and Social Sciences
- Technology, Engineering, Agriculture
Elton John This Ones For You
- ISBN-13: 9781912332465
DANANN PUBLISHING LIM
Imprint: DANANN PUBLISHING LIMITED
- Author: McHugh, Carolyn
- Price: AUD 44.99
- Stock: 265 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 30/05/2019
- Format: Hardback (150mm X 150mm) 112 pages Weight: 720g
- Categories: Rock & Pop music [AVGP]Individual composers & musicians, specific bands [AVH]
- Sir Elton John is a singer/songwriter/performer extraordinaire, selling over 300 million records during a glittering international career spanning five decades. Born Reg Dwight in the post-war suburb of Pinner, then working as a jobbing pianist in 1960s London, he seemed an unlikely candidate to break out and achieve international acclaim. Yet his exceptional musical talent, outrageous showmanship and incredible capacity for hard work combined to propel him into the pop stratosphere in America and the UK - and he has barely been out of the headlines ever since. His monster back catalogue of gold and platinum-selling recordings includes fan favourites Your Song, Rocket Man, I'm Still Standing and of course the world's best-selling single of all-time, Candle in the Wind 1997 which he sang at the funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales. His move into composing for musical theatre, particularly The Lion King and Billy Elliot added a further string to his bow winning him an Oscar and a Tony to add to the Grammy, Brit and Ivor Novello awards given in recognition of his extraordinary talent. Flamboyant and extravagant, Sir Elton has done it all - broken the mould, topped the charts, chaired a football club, created an AIDs charity and maintained a unique and enduring partnership with lyricist Bernie Taupin. Now happily married and settled with two children, he is retiring from touring. As he bids farewell to life on the road, this lavishly illustrated book pays tribute to Sir Elton John - the most successful male solo artist of all time.
- Carolyn Thomas is a freelance writer and editor based in Southampton England - although her Irish roots stretch back to Cork via Liverpool. Carolyn trained at London University for the Arts. She has written several published books on musicians and rock bands and Phil Lynott was her teenage crush.
- *The major hollywood film based on his life ‘Rocketman’ is released worldwide in Cinemas in May 2019 starring Taron Egerton. * Sir Elton John has won five Grammy Awards, and five Brit Awards – winning two awards for Outstanding Contribution to Music an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, a Tony Award and the Kennedy Center Honors in 2004. * In 2013, Billboard ranked him the most successful male solo artist on the Billboard Hot 100 Top All-Time Artists. * He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1994, is an inductee into the Songwriters Hall of Fame, and is a fellow of the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors. * Elton is currently playing sold out dates worldwide on his farewell tour comprising more than 300 performances through to 2021.
- Google Preview content