Common Wildflowers of Western Australia
215 species illustrated
- ISBN-13: 9781921874413
- Publisher/Imprint: WOODSLANE PRESS
- Author: Simon Nevill
- Price: AUD 8.99
- Stock: 843 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 16/07/2018
- Format: Paperback (255mm X 175mm) 28 pages Weight: 100g
- Categories: Trees, wildflowers & plants [WNP]
In Western Australia, one of the richest flora regions of the world, botanists to date have identified over 10,000 vascular plants. It is understandable that a visitor to this huge state would find the quantity and variation of wildflowers simply overwhelming.
This small publication attempts to illustrate some of the more easily identifiable common and not so common wildflowers (215 species are illustrated).
Please note that this is a re-issue, and stock should be available in July 2018.
Although born in the UK, Simon Nevill has spent most of his life in Australia. He ran bird tours for over 20 years, taking clients overseas and to every state in Australia including all the main desert regions of this vast country. Having spent over 40 years looking at birds, he developed a keen interest in wildflowers and other groups of the animal kingdom. He now has an extensive knowledge of wildflowers in Western Australia and enjoys sharing his passion and knowledge with others.
- A handy, lightweight reference guide that can be used in the field
- Divided into the three major botanic zones in Western Australia, and then into 12 geographic regions for easy specie identification
- Beautifully illustrated with close up shots of the 215 species if Wildflowers to be found
- Includes a space for explorers to write where and when they saw a particular flower
- Includes and index of common names and scientific names
- Google Preview content