A Celebration of the Australian Alps
- ISBN-13: 9781921874864
WOODSLANE PRESS PL
Imprint: BOILING BILLY
- Author: Lewis, Craig and Munn, Chris
- Price: AUD 49.99
- Stock: 2013 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 16/11/2018
- Format: Hardback (260mm X 260mm) 256 pages Weight: 1320g
- Categories: Photography & photographs [AJ]Places & peoples: general & pictorial works [WTM]Photographs: collections [AJC]
Alpine Australia – A celebration of the Australian Alps portrays the stunning high country region unique to the Alpine areas of New South Wales and Victoria – the areas which are often snow covered for a number of months each winter. This superbly photographed coffee table pictorial brings this magnificent region to a wider audience, allowing readers to become immersed in the beauty which alpine Australia offers by way of awe-inspiring images, many in panoramic format.
In New South Wales readers will be transported to the country’s highest peaks running along the spine of the Great Dividing Range and the stark beauty of the Kosciuszko Main Range, while in Victoria the state’s loftiest peaks are captured in magnificent detail, from the remote Mt Bogong to the winter playgrounds of Mt Buller and Mt Hotham.
Featuring over 150 stunning images, Alpine Australia – A celebration of the Australian Alps is sure to appeal to all those who have an affinity with Australia’s snow- covered peaks and will entice those who have yet to discover the beauty of this truly amazing region.
Craig Lewis is the author of numerous Australiana books, including the perennial favourites Australian Bush Pubs and High Country Huts and Homesteads. He has been travelling, camping out, photographing and writing about his adventures for the past 20 or so years. He lives in the New South Wales High Country.
Chris Munn is a photographer based in Yackandanda at the foothills of the Victorian High Country. He has been exploring and photographing the Victorian Alps for much of the last decade, capturing the region’s magnificent vistas in all seasons.
Following the success of Australian Bush Pubs and High Country Huts and Homesteads, acclaimed author and landscape photographer Craig Lewis trained his lens on another outstanding feature of this country for which he holds so much affection – its alpine region.
- Featuring over 150 stunning images through the seasons, many panoramic, this book celebrates the rich natural heritage, incredible geodiversity and varied landscape for which it is internationally renowned.
- Among a glittering cast of many are the dramatic heights of Mt Kosciusko and Mt Bogong, and the otherworldly landscapes of Kiandra and Mt Buffalo National Park.
- Paired with illuminating insights from the photographers, this beautiful book weaves a vibrant tapestry of images that readers will turn to again and again.
- Alpine Australia will delight anyone who treasures the Alpine region landscape – resident or visitor alike.
- Google Preview content