Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
- Art, Music, Design and Photography
- Autism and Aspergers
- Biography and True Stories
- Business and Finance
- Children, Teenage and Educational
- Clinical Psychology
- Computing and IT
- Earth Sciences
- Health and Personal Development
- Lifestyle, Sport and Leisure
- Literature and Literary Studies
- Mathematics and Science
- Society and Social Sciences
- Technology, Engineering, Agriculture
Canberra's Best Bush, Park & City Walks 3/e
The bestselling guide to 40 fantastic walks
- ISBN-13: 9781922131492
Imprint: WOODSLANE PRESS
- Author: Marion Stuart and Michael Nelmes
- Price: AUD 29.99
- Stock: 1507 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 15/04/2019
- Format: Paperback (220mm X 130mm) 242 pages Weight: 420g
- Categories: Walking, hiking, trekking [WSZC]Travel & holiday guides [WTH]Australian Capital Territory (ACT) [1MBFC]
Canberra and the ACT boast a huge range of beautiful environments, making the region perfect for exploring on foot. This third edition of Canberra’s Best Bush, Park & City Walks introduces over 40 of the best walks for visitors and residents alike, ranging from fascinating city walks and leisurely lake-side strolls to more rugged tracks deep in the bush. Completely updated, the book now includes some of the walks that previously appeared in Best Bush, Town and Village Walks Around the ACT. Detailed descriptions and maps help the reader explore the region’s parks, bushland, lakes, rivers and most interesting urban areas.
The book is richly illustrated with over 150 full- colour photographs and dozens of detailed maps. A summary table of walks indicating distances, facilities and highlights is included to help the reader find exactly the right walk for the occasion. Walking chapters: Central Canberra, Lake Burley Griffin and surrounds, Northern Canberra, Southern Canberra, Queanbeyan & Surrounds, Tidbinbilla, Namadgi & Murrumbidgee.
Marion Stuart was been a teacher in Canberra for many years. Born in Canberra with family in the area, she grew up with an understanding of early Canberra and the history of the region. However, researching and writing this book gave her another perspective altogether. Many of the walks for this book were first completed as a young girl - some have changed dramatically and others seem virtually unchanged, except for signage and a better defined path.
Michael Nelmes (BAppSc, MAstr) is a cultural heritage author, editor and museum curator who has lived in Canberra for most of his life. Seeking to connect with nature and with the unique beauty of the national capital, he has trekked most of the walks in this book over the last 40 years. He welcomed the opportunity to complete the walks for this update. In his travels around Australia and overseas, walking and cycling are his preferred mode of exploration. At home, he feels fortunate to live next to the scenic and tranquil Mt Rogers (featured in these pages) which he walks daily with two beloved kelpies.
Lake Burley Griffin and surrounds
Queanbeyan & Surrounds
Tidbinbilla, Namadgi & Murrumbidgee
- New to Australia’s best-selling walking guide series with over 20 titles and over 200,000 copies in print
- Covers a variety of short walks, half-day walks & longer walks
- Covers one of Australia’s favourite walking destinations
- Richly illustrated with over 150 full- colour photographs and dozens of detailed maps
- A summary table of walks indicating distances, facilities and highlights is included to help the reader find exactly the right walk for the occasion
- Google Preview content