Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
- Art, Music, Design and Photography
- Autism and Aspergers
- Biography and True Stories
- Business and Finance
- Children, Teenage and Educational
- Clinical Psychology
- Computing and IT
- Earth Sciences
- Health and Personal Development
- Lifestyle, Sport and Leisure
- Literature and Literary Studies
- Mathematics and Science
- Society and Social Sciences
- Technology, Engineering, Agriculture
A Soldier's extraordinary journey back from paralysis
- ISBN-13: 9781922265494
BIG SKY PUBLISHING
Imprint: BIG SKY PUBLISHING
- Author: Hedderman, Billy
- Price: AUD 34.99
- Stock: 1023 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 01/10/2019
- Format: Paperback (232mm X 153mm) 288 pages Weight: 400g
- Categories: History [HB]Military history [HBW]
- ‘I woke to the sight of a hospital ceiling. For that first blissful second, I forgot that I was paralysed.’ On 31 December 2014 Billy Hedderman suffered a catastrophic injury to his spinal cord while body-boarding on the Sunshine Coast, paralysing him almost completely from the neck down. When asked if he would walk again, his doctor simply said, ‘I dunno … maybe.’ Yet, incredibly, within just seven months of his injury, he was able to beat the odds and run a 10km race in under an hour. This is the powerful story of Billy’s recovery and a fascinating account of his service as an Officer in the elite Special Forces unit, the Army Ranger Wing of the Irish Army. It was from this service that he took the never-say-die attitude that helped him prevail against all medical expectations to recover and serve as an Infantry Officer in the Australian Army. It is a story of almost unbelievable personal resilience and mental toughness, which will amaze and inspire.
- Born and raised in Cork, Billy became an Irish Army Infantry Officer in 2003. His Irish military service included overseas deployments to Chad and Bosnia and service in the Irish Special Forces' Army Ranger Wing, where he served as a platoon commander from 2010–2013. Billy holds a vast range of specialist military qualifications including military freefall, survival, recon and advanced mountaineering. He retired from the Irish Army in 2014 in order to transfer his service to the Australian Army. He holds an Honours Degree in Physical Education from the University of Limerick, has summitted Mount Kilimanjaro for charity and is currently an Officer in the Australian Infantry.
- * A unique true and inspiring story. * Readers will warm to Billy and his mental strength and resilience. * Writing in a way that encapsulates his military and Special Forces service giving an edge to the main story of recovery showcasing where he draws his strength from. * National PR campaign targeting Australia’s leading military interest magazines and journals – physical and online. * Advertised in trade publications – InCite Magazine, Good Reading and B+P Magazine. * Mainstream capital city newspaper book reviews and ABC local and national radio for author interviews.
- Google Preview content