Woodslane Online Catalogues
How to be a Conversational Success
- This book was especially written for anyone who has ever stood nervously in a crowd and thought, 'I wish someone would come and talk to me...'. This mind-opening book will give you the inner confidence to truly believe you do have something of interest to share with others; it will help you understand that you have something of value to contribute; it will show you how to converse with people on a human level and make friends easily. Be it for business, networking, or just plain pleasure, you'll discover the simple secrets of striking up a conversation, keeping it going, and extricating yourself in a friendly way when you have to go. No more wondering why others appear to have 'the gift of the gab' with interesting things to say while you just stand there feeling uncomfortable with little to share. The practical tips and strategies in this inspirational book totally explode this 'gift of the gab' myth and work like magic! You'll now have the conversational tools and the self-belief to approach people and put these tried-and-proven strategies into practice with confidence!
- Renowned author and speaker Laurie Smale grew up thinking he didn't amount to much, let alone have anything meaningful to say. So he began listening to others and their stories for his journey was too shameful and insignificant. Yet by stepping into the world of others and soaking in their wisdom he came to understand that we can all be interesting human beings whatever our station in life or whoever we may be. His books which make up his 'Communicating with Confidence' trilogy include:
"Finding me Finding You" a journey of self-discovery and self acceptance - getting you right first is the first important step to communicate with confidence!
"How to be a Conversational Success!" the basic foundation for all successful human interaction
"How to take the Panic out of Public Speaking" shows you how to transfer your conversational comfortableness up in front of others so they feel relaxed as if your talking to each of your listeners personally. These books are available online and all bookstores.
- * Step by simple step, this book shows you how to draw on the human interest that surrounds us every day so you can confidently strike up a conversation even with strangers, keep it going, and gently close the conversation when you have to go.
* This book will help people discover that comfortably conversing with others not only enriches the mind and establishes friendships, it nourishes an inner- confidence.
* The stand-out difference in this book is it first deals with the reasons why self-doubt and a lack of self-confidence can hold us back from confidently striking up a friendly conversation with other people and getting to know them. Only when this 'getting you right first' is decisively dealt with in the first chapter can we move on to the tips and easy-to-use strategies in this book which work like magic!
* Social media campaign; TV and radio interviews on the simple secrets of successful conversation; speaking engagements telling my story and promoting this book.
Google Preview content