Woodslane Online Catalogues
- Perseverance can be an overlooked quality. Learning from failure and
refusing to give up are the keys to success for the young puppy in this
story. In the end, the puppy’s determination and resilience are rewarded
in a rather surprising way.
- Fifi Colston is an illustrator, writer and costume and props maker, based in Wellington, New Zealand. She works from her sunny home studio, where she looks out over houses and trees towards the sea with her spoilt ginger cat, Griffin. Fifi has been writing, drawing, and making things ever since she can remember and feels happiest when she has a pencil, scissors and glue gun in her hand. Her training was in Visual Communication Design, majoring in Illustration, and she has illustrated more than 50 picture books for trade and education. Fifi also has an MA in Creative Writing and is an award-winning junior fiction novelist and non-fiction author. Fifi was the 2019 Otago University College of Education Children’s Writer in Residence, and this was where the two Book Hungry Bears titles, Where’s My Stick? And The Last Crayon were created. You can contact Fifi through her website: www.fificreative.com
- * A powerful story about a young puppy who refuses to give up when his sticks keep disappearing. Perseverance and learning from failure are the keys to success for the young puppy in this story. In the end the puppy’s determination is rewarded in a rather surprising way.
* Key themes are resilience, perseverance and friendship.
* Forms part of The Book Hungry Bears collectable book set.
* The Book Hungry Bears is a popular animated series for preschoolers that has at its heart, a love of sharing stories.
Google Preview content