Woodslane Online Catalogues
Hobart's Best Walks 2/e
The full colour guide to over 40 fantastic walks
- Hobart - capital of Australia's favourite state for bushwalking - and its environs boast a huge range of beautiful environments, making the region perfect for exploring on foot. Hobart's Best Walks (previously Hobart's Best Bush, Coast & City Walks), part of Woodslane's hugely successful walking guides series, introduces the best walks for visitors and residents alike, ranging from historic urban strolls to the more rugged tracks deep in the local bush. Detailed descriptions and maps help the reader explore the region's parks, bushland, hills, coastal and river areas and its most interesting urban areas. As with other titles in the series, the book is richly illustrated with over 200 full-colour photographs and dozens of detailed maps. A summary table of walks indicating distances, facilities and highlights is included to help the reader find exactly the right walk for the occasion. This thoroughly revised and expanded new edition includes seven new walks and a whole new chapter, North of Hobart.
- Ingrid Roberts is a keen bushwalker and photographer and has explored many wonderful Tasmanian walking tracks during the 60 years she has lived in the state. She has been a member of the Australian Plant Society and is a founding member of the Tasmanian Bushland Garden. Through this guide she hopes to inspire the reader to go walking in Hobart and the region around it and for them to thoroughly enjoy it when they do.
- Regional location maps
Walks at a glance
Eastern Shore and South Arm Peninsula
South of Hobart
North of Hobart
- * First new edition of this popular book in over a decade.
* The best walks around the capital of Australia's favourite 'walking state'.
* Thoroughly revised from the previous edition with a new chapter and 7 new walks.
* Press releases to major metropolitan and regional newspapers.
* Publicity in targeted bushwalking publications.
* Posters and flyers available on request.
Google Preview content