Pavilions in Parks
Bandstands and Rotundas All Round Australia
- ISBN-13: 9781925043297
- Publisher/Imprint: HALSTEAD PRESS
- Author: Rose, Allison
- Price: AUD 39.95
- Stock: 909 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 03/10/2017
- Format: Paperback (232mm X 164mm) 144 pages Weight: 480g
- Categories: Public buildings: civic, commercial, industrial [AMG]
Reclining in the shade of a rotunda, or being serenaded from a bandstand, everyone has fond memories of sunny days in parks and pavilions. Criss-crossing the country, from Albany to Toogoolawah, travellers can find little gems that adorn the land. Bandstands, pavillions and rotundas stand testimony to the optimism and civic mindedness of our pioneering ancestors. In this lovely illustrated book, Alison Rose finds pavilions in big cities and tiny townships, reveals the history surrounding them and their locations. A beautiful book and a great present for anyone interested in local history. They can read about Cheer Up Societies, gold rushes, revelry, architecture and civic pride.
Promotes local history and tourism, ideal product to target grey nomads, unique niche subject
- Google Preview content