Discovering Charles Meere Updated Edition
- ISBN-13: 9781925043389
- Publisher/Imprint: HALSTEAD PRESS
- Author: Eadie, Joy
- Price: AUD 59.95
- Stock: 728 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 17/03/2017
- Format: Hardback (279mm X 217mm) 112 pages Weight: 680g
- Categories: Painting & paintings [AFC]Individual artists, art monographs [AGB]Biography: arts & entertainment [BGF]Australia [1MBF]
"Australian Beach Pattern" is an iconic painting, synonymous with our way of life. Charles Meere is just the little known artist who painted it. This book reveals a fresh perspective on a fascinating and remarkable artist whose reputation deserves complete re-evaluation. Accused of fascism, totalitarianism and eugenics, Meere has been dismissed by critics as unimaginative and dull. Joy Eadie is on a mission to prove them wrong about everything. This beautifully illustrated book showcases "Australian Beach Pattern", other Meere paintings and his poster art. it establishes Meere as a remarkably original, satirical and profound painter.
Joy Eadie is a Canberra art scholar and critic. Edmund Capon, former director of the Art Gallery of NSW (which holds Australian Beach Pattern), is best known for his recent BBC TV series on Australian art and history.
—Whole new perspective on one of Australias most famous paintings and least famous artists; —Beautiful to hold and look at; —Includes amazing copies from various countries of "Australian Beach Pattern".
- Google Preview content