Sydney for Dogs 4/e
- ISBN-13: 9781925403541
- Publisher/Imprint: WOODSLANE PRESS
- Author: Proctor, Cathy
- Price: AUD 29.99
- Stock: 1735 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 15/06/2017
- Format: Paperback (220mm X 130mm) 234 pages Weight: 450g
- Categories: Travel & holiday guides [WTH]
Although Sydney is very well provided with parks, bushland, beaches and open spaces, a great deal of this – including all National Parks and virtually all beaches – is off-limits to our four-legged friends, even when leashed. Gathering information on where and when dogs can be taken and walked has been notoriously (amongst dog owners) time-consuming, and so most Sydneysiders and Sydney visitors restrict their dog walking and playing to a very few favourite local spots. Local author and dog lover Catherine Proctor gathers all that information into a single, compact and very popular book – now in its 4th edition. Now dog-owners can choose from a wide variety of dog-friendly areas right across Sydney, and ensure that their dog can be a part of even more family outings!
Catherine Proctor is a freelance author and editor who has lived on Sydney’s Northern Beaches for over 20 years. She is the author of several books and is co-author of two other books for Woodslane: Sydney’s Best Picnic Spots, Parks & Reserves and Sydney’s Best Beaches & Rock Baths. Catherine took up the challenge of writing this book while simultaneously recruiting an essential new part of the family to ‘help’ with research!
- Location maps
- Places: City and Inner West
- Places: Northern Beaches
- Places: North and Northwest
- Places: Western Suburbs
- Places: Eastern Suburbs
- Places: Southern Suburbs
- Annual dog days out and events in Sydney
- Dog-friendly places to stay in Sydney
- Off-leash places to swim in Sydney
- The Companion Animals Act
- Map symbols
- Fourth edition of Sydney’s bestselling recreational companion guide for dog lovers
- Part of Australia’s best-selling walking guide series with over 20 titles and nearly 200,000 copies in print
- Features walks, parks, beaches, lakes – and even cafes!
- Special bonus sections on doggie events and places to stay for visiting dogs
- Includes colour maps, photos and detailed walk/park notes
- Google Preview content