Australian Geographic Guide to the Kimberley
- ISBN-13: 9781925403848
- Publisher/Imprint: WOODSLANE PRESS
- Author: Katrina O'Brien
- Price: AUD 19.99
- Stock: 2470 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 21/05/2018
- Format: Paperback (260mm X 215mm) 64 pages Weight: 300g
- Categories: Travel & holiday [WT]Travel & holiday guides [WTH]Places & peoples: general & pictorial works [WTM]
Australian Geographic, in Association with Woodslane Press is delighted to introduce a new series of photographic souvenir guides to some of Australia’s most beautiful and iconic places. The 64-page large format books will be full of vibrant photography, accompanied by a concise but fascinating commentary by some of Australia’s most experienced travel writers. One of the first two books in the series, the Australian Geographic Book of the Kimberley is an indispensable reminder and souvenir for both international and Australian visitors to this very special place. Armchair travellers and children will pick it up time and again to whet their appetites and perhaps to plan their own visits.
Includes sections on geography, wildlife and culture, Kununurra and Lake Argyle, El Questro, Purnululu (Bungle Bungles), Gibb River Road, Mitchell River, the Dampier Peninsula and Broome.
Katrina O’Brien is the author of Australia’s bestselling walking guide, Sydney’s Best Harbour & Coastal Walks. She first fell in love with the Red Centre and the Kimberley while travelling and writing her way around Australia for two years as the co-author of the travel guides Footprint Australia Handbook and Footprint West Coast Handbook. When not researching and writing walking and travel guides Katrina is a book publishing consultant and has previously worked as Managing Editor for Murdoch Books and Penguin.
Geography and Geology
Culture & Industry
Animals and Birds
Plants and Flowers
Argyle Diamond Mine
Purnululu National Park
Gibb River Road
- This beautiful photographic guide will be an indispensable reminder and souvenir to both local and overseas tourists of their amazing trip to Australia’s iconic The Kimberley
- Photos taken from Australian Geographic’s extensive photography archives with contributions from other leading Australian photographers
- The perfect way to showcase the region to armchair travellers and children alike
- Will be promoted across multiple Australian Geographic platforms including Australian Geographic magazine which has a circulation of 30k per month
- Great value price point of just $19.99 RRP
- 64 page, high gloss, full colour guide
- ‘The Kimberley’ and sister book ‘The Red Centre’ are the launch titles for a must have series of books on Australia’s awe-inspiring landscape experiences
- Google Preview content