Boots, Berets and Bloody Uniforms
- ISBN-13: 9781925520453
- Publisher/Imprint: BIG SKY PUBLISHING
- Author: Augustus-Dunn, Maria
- Price: AUD 29.99
- Stock: 707 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 07/04/2017
- Format: Paperback (232mm X 155mm) 324 pages Weight: 420g
- Categories: Regional & national history [HBJ]Social & cultural history [HBTB]Military history [HBW]Gender studies: women [JFSJ1]Australia [1MBF]
Serving the nation in uniform is a career choice. But have you ever wondered about the life of a partner of these brave men and women? Married Quarter is a light-hearted glimpse into the world of the service family, through deployments, postings, illnesses and into retirement.
21 years, 9 postings, 2 deployments, 15 jobs, 1 brain tumour
You will laugh and cry as Maria Augustus-Dunn tells you her story: from the perils of dining-in nights to meeting the King of Cambodia; from her disastrous attempt at making a cheesecake to seeing her husband off for a 12-month deployment; from arriving in Townsville in the middle of a cyclone to breaking down on the side of a mountain in Tasmania with a caravan in tow. Married Quarter takes you on a 21-year journey of the highs and lows of life as the spouse of a serving soldier. This book is dedicated to the thousands of unsung heroes — the military spouses of Australia. A portion of the proceeds from this book will be donated to Legacy.
Maria Augustus-Dunn was born in Melbourne, Australia in 1961 and grew up in Reservoir, in the northern suburbs of Melbourne.She married Brad, the love of her life, in 1990. In 2011 both Maria and Brad retired at the age of 50 and opted for life as grey nomads, travelling the highways and byways of Australia, with no plans to stop. They have no children, but have plenty of nieces and nephews to dote on and evenhave great-nieces and great-nephews! Maria enjoys doing tarot card readings, travelling, reading, writing, bushwalking and trying things that are well out of her comfort zone. She loves spending time with family and friends, and can talk the leg off a chair! This is her first book.
- First book that shows the life of an Australian Military Spouse.
- Perfect title for Mothers Day.
- A light hearted easy to read book that will appeal to a wide readership.
• National PR campaign targeting Australia’s leading Military – History Magazines and Journals – physical and online.
• Advertised in trade publications – InCite Magazine, Good Reading and B+P Magazine.
• Mainstream Capital City newspaper book reviews and ABC local and national radio for author interviews.
- Google Preview content