Malibu and the Naughty Elf
- ISBN-13: 9781925520644
- Publisher/Imprint: BIG SKY PUBLISHING
- Author: Worthington, Michelle, Illustrated by Atze, David
- Price: AUD 14.99
- Stock: 519 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 08/09/2017
- Format: Paperback (260mm X 230mm) 32 pages Weight: 160g
- Categories: Picture books [YBC]Animal stories (Children's / Teenage) [YFP]Australia [1MBF]Interest age: from c 4 years [5AD]
Being misunderstood by the people who love you the most can be tough, but who better than Santa Claus to know the difference between naughty and nice? Malibu heads off on another fantastic adventure with his surfing crew to the beautiful Bondi Beach. Santa, Mrs. Claus and the elves love spending Christmas Day playing in the sun, surf and sand but one little elf is not having fun. Malibu our favourite Aussie hero helps Santa find out why the naughty elf is behaving so badly and helps him understand that following your passion is about being brave enough to stand up and stand out. Children will love this twist on a traditional Christmas story told through rhythmical words with captivating, comical illustrations of iconic Australian imagery. Malibu a kangaroo from Uluru, who knows what it feels like to not fit in, takes caregivers and children alike on another amazing journey to understand that fitting in isn’t always easy.
Michelle Worthington is an internationally published award-winning author of empowering picture books for children of all ages. Her goal is to inspire all children to believe in themselves and encourage reluctant readers to fall in love with books. Two-time winner of the International Book Award for Children’s Hardcover Fiction and finalist in the US Best Book Awards and Book Excellence Awards, Michelle also received a Gellett Burgess Award for Children’s Literature and a Silver Moonbeam Award for her contribution to celebrating diversity in Picture Books. Michelle loves celebrating being an Australian author and strives to tell stories that Aussie kids recognize themselves in.
• An Australian Christmas complete with surf, and a little soul searching. • A loveable Aussie hero that kids will adore with Christmas characters in a uniquely Aussie setting. • Upbeat and lyrical text engages readers in a fun and entertaining way. • Vivacious illustrations give the story a distinctively Australian flavour • This Christmas adventure to the famous Bondi Beach speak to the heart of what it means to be an Aussie kid at Christmas.
- Google Preview content