Police Rescue & Bomb Disposal
An Extraordinary History
- ISBN-13: 9781925520941
- Publisher/Imprint: BIG SKY PUBLISHING
- Author: Byrnes, Jason
- Price: AUD 34.99
- Stock: 181 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 08/09/2017
- Format: Paperback (232mm X 155mm) 396 pages Weight: 980g
- Categories: Police & security services [JKSW1]Ambulance & rescue services [JKSW3]
‘In police rescue, there is no such word as can’t. It CAN be done.’
Sergeant Ray Tyson, 1976.
This is the story of an elite unit that has been protecting public safety for 75 years. Every day the women and men of the NSW Police Rescue and Bomb Disposal Unit confront some of the most challenging and harrowing situations imaginable; including recovering decomposing bodies from cliffs, cutting people out of the wreckage of crashed cars, or disarming improvised explosive devices. Nerves of steel, compassion and dedication to duty are the core requirements for police rescue operators and bomb technicians. Police Rescue and Bomb Disposal, takes you on a journey from the dark days of World War II when police first formed a unit to recover bodies from Sydney’s cliffs, to the unit leading rescue operations at the Granville train disaster, the Newcastle earthquake, the Thredbo landslide, and other emergencies up to and including the Lindt Café siege. Drawing upon numerous interviews and official documents this book is complimented by many never seen before images and is a fitting testament to the dedication and personal sacrifices made by a small band of highly skilled professionals.
Jason Byrnes is a law-enforcement professional with over 26 years of policing service at the local, national and international levels. He is also an Assistant Editor and author at the Australian Police Journal, this countrys pre-eminent true crime periodical. Jason has a Masters Degree in Strategic Studies, a Masters Degree in Leadership and Management, and a Bachelor of Arts degree. Jason has written numerous articles and papers on police history and contemporary law enforcement issues. This is his first book.
- This is the first comprehensive history of Australia’s most unique police unit.
- There is an extremely large market of readers interested in all things Police and the Police Rescue Squad is the most fascinating of them all.
- Will be a key Christmas release title with a strong PR budget allocated.
- National PR campaign targeting Australia’s leading Military – History Magazines and Journals – physical and online.
- Advertised in trade publications – InCite Magazine, Good Reading and B+P Magazine.
- Mainstream Capital City newspaper book reviews and ABC local and national radio for author interviews.
- Google Preview content