All orders and inquiries during this time will be processed when we re-open
give me some peace
- ISBN-13: 9781925675542
- Publisher/Imprint: BIG SKY PUBLISHING
- Author: Bestullic, Sonia and Bevington, Nancy
- Price: AUD 14.99
- Stock: 575 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 28/08/2018
- Format: Paperback (260mm X 230mm) 32 pages Weight: 160g
- Categories: Picture books [YBC]
Reece is a very cheeky, curious young boy who loves making NOISE. Today he’s making music. There are lots of interesting clangs, bangs and thumps coming from his room as his playing gets more and more vigorous. His mother’s requests for him to be quieter only seem to make him louder and louder. As his exuberance for his playing grows, so does his mothers exasperation! Will she ever get any peace? The simple rhythmic text combined with delightful illustrations remind us of the power of learning through play and exploration. Kids will love making the lively sounds, and parents and carers will relate to the challenge of being able to enjoy some quiet; especially when there are instruments at play!
Sonia Bestulic was born and grew up in Sydney Australia, enjoying a childhood filled with wonderful books, a passion for writing, and musically entwined, having played the violin until her late teens, including performances at the Sydney Opera House. Sonia is Founder of Talking Heads Speech Pathology, the well-known, reputable Sydney based clinics established in 2006. A long term advocate for children’s learning and literacy, Sonia continues to write and speak when it comes to all things children.
Nancy is a talented illustrator and also recognised for her distinctive large scale paintings. Her artistic career spans over three decades. Nancy has worked extensively in the publishing industry. Illustrating children’s books are a real passion. She created the book series ‘Mad Dog the Chef’ which proved extremely popular with children and adults, both in Australia and overseas. She was also the co-developer of another popular children’s book series ‘Zen Tails’ which has sold worldwide.
• The text has a contagious rhythm and rhyme and invites engagement and curiosity.
• A lovely way to introduce and celebrate various musical instruments.
• Kids love making noise, and will enjoy the sounds getting louder and louder.
• The text itself is expertly informed at an auditory level, stimulating children through its rhythm, rhyme, repetition and alliteration; encouraging them to join in making sounds, and telling the story.
• The book is adaptable; suitable for reading to children from birth to five years of age, and then read by themselves as an early reader for young school children.
- Google Preview content