- ISBN-13: 9781925694482
- Publisher/Imprint: AUSTRALIAN GEOGRAPHIC
- Author: Webber, Jennie
- Price: AUD 19.95
- Stock: 3371 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 27/10/2017
- Format: Paperback (290mm X 235mm) 32 pages Weight: 474g
- Categories: Picture books [YBC]Wildlife (Children's / Teenage) [YNNR]Interest age: from c 4 years [5AD]
Through gentle rhyme and intricately etched artwork, this book explores the life cycle, diversity and colour of the coral reef ecosystem, as w ell as the threats the reef faces, and what we can do to save it. Every page contains a host of delightful sea creatures to discover and enjoy, and an extra-wide fold-out page at the end displays the reef in all its glory.
About the Author Laura Knowles has a background in children’s publishing and is the author of It Starts with a Seed and Once Upon a Jungle. Her love of natural history, words and art have drawn her to work on books about animals and nature.
About the Illustrator Jennie Webber is a London-based visual artist and printmaker. Her etchings and drawings celebrate the diversity and complexity of nature, reflecting her incur able curiosity for the world. Themes of conservation underpin all her work; the ide a being that if people are amazed by the natural world, then the y will be les s likely to destroy it.
* A lyrical, engaging way to relate information about the coral reef ecosystem and its life cycle. * Stunning artwork on each page is full of intricate detail about the environment and the animals and plants that thrive within it. * Follows the widely praised format of It Starts with a Seed, by the same author and illustrator.
- Google Preview content