All orders and inquiries during this time will be processed when we re-open
The Night Sky Explorer
Your Guide to the Heavas - Includes Southern Hemisphere RotatingPlanisphere, Star Guide & Notebook
- ISBN-13: 9781925694888
- Publisher/Imprint: AUSTRALIAN GEOGRAPHIC
- Author: Kerrod, Robin & Jackson, Tom
- Price: AUD 39.95
- Stock: 3779 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 28/11/2018
- Format: Mixed media product (300mm X 265mm) 128 pages Weight: 1100g
- Categories: Astronomical observation: equipment & methods [PGG]Astronomical charts & atlases [PGT]Popular astronomy & space [WNX]
The Night Sky Explorer contains all the information and equipment the aspiring astronomer needs to get started. The hardback case contains two separate pocket size books, designed to travel with you on star gazing trips: • Mapping the Skies includes maps of the major constellations for each month of the year & a guide to spotting them, along with a complete introduction to the history of astronomy and astrological discoveries, including the origins of the constellations and the stories behind their names • The Sky Watch Notebook is designed to help you keep track of what you see at different times of the year. It includes tips throughout for what to see and how to record your observations. • The star of the kit is a Southern Hemisphere planisphere, in a pocket flap inside the front cover. The planisphere has adjustable disks that reveal celestial phenomena for any given time of year. The Night Sky Explorer will appeal to anyone who has ever looked into the night sky and wanted to know more about the constellations over their head.
- Throughout the book, star charts and tables present key facts in an easy-to-understand format.
- There are also dozens of new photographs throughout the book that show the latest thrilling discoveries made by current space observatories and probes.
- This indispensable set guides us on a new path into the night sky, truly one of the greatest shows on Earth.
- Google Preview content