Stuff You Should Know About Planet Earth
- ISBN-13: 9781925695205
Imprint: AUSTRALIAN GEOGRAPHIC
- Author: Fardon, John Illustrated by Hutchinson, Tim
- Price: AUD 19.95
- Stock: 1390 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 09/10/2018
- Format: Paperback (289mm X 219mm) 80 pages Weight: 460g
- Categories: Interactive & activity books & packs [YBG]Science & technology: general (Children/Teenage) [YNT]Educational: Sciences, general science [YQS]
- In this fascinating introduction to Planet Earth, large, colourful diagrams are brought to life by tiny people running around performing the actions that are explained in the text. The 80-page extent allows for an in-depth look at the workings of our planet, from the water cycle and the atmosphere, to how the seasons change and why hurricanes happen. Double gatefolds give a large space in which to explore complex processes such as the rock cycle and evolution. A follow-up to the successful book, Stuff You Should Know About the Human Body.
About the Author John Farndon is an internationally renowned author of exciting and accessible science books for children and adults. His books have been shortlisted for numerous awards and have sold millions of copies worldwide, proving their perennial appeal. About the Illustrator Tim Hutchinson has been working as an illustrator for the last 12 years. He has published over 40 publications in their various forms. He has worked on education books, history publications, picture books, and pop up books. He has achieved considerable recognition in particular with his own book Dylan’s Day and with collaborations such as Mouseton Abbey.
- Distinct and fun visual element, being fully illustrated with detailed, imaginative images.
- A new take on perennially popular Earth Science books.
- Detailed information brought to life by tiny active characters.
- Covers natural disasters such as flooding, earthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanic eruption, providing explanations as to why they occur.
- Google Preview content