We Build Our Homes
- ISBN-13: 9781925695229
- Publisher/Imprint: AUSTRALIAN GEOGRAPHIC
- Author: Knowles, Laura Illustrated by Madden, Chris
- Price: AUD 22.95
- Stock: 2590 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 14/09/2018
- Format: Hardback (295mm X 210mm) 64 pages Weight: 675g
- Categories: Natural history (Children's/Teenage) [YNN]Science & technology: general (Children/Teenage) [YNT]
It’s not only humans who can build incredible structures: around the world, mammals, birds, and insects can be found building incredible things. From biggest beaver dams to tinniest caddisfly cases, this beautifully illustrated picture book explores each one and uncovers the reasons why they built. Each spread looks at a different animal, told as though from their viewpoint and using poetic, evocative language. The amazing animal architects featured include bower birds and weaver birds, gophers and beavers, termites, honey bees, and many more.
Laura Knowles has a background in children’s publishing and is the author of We Travel So Far, Once Upon a Jungle, and It Starts with a Seed, which won the Margaret Mallet Award for Children’s Non-fiction 2017. Her love of natural history, words and art have drawn her to work on books about animals and nature. About the illustrator Chris madden is a Salford-born illustrator. Since graduating from Stockport College with a 1st class BA honours degree in design & visual arts, his illustrations have appeared in national magazines and newspapers as well as We Travel So Far (W&P, 2017). He lives in sunny Manchester with his wife and young son.
- Vividly illustrated non-fiction picture book about animal and the amazing structures they build.
- Each animal tells its own ‘micro story’ about its incredible architectural skills.
- Covers more than 25 animals from around the world, including mammals, birds, and insects.
- Lyrical text and entrancing full-spread illustrations.
- Google Preview content