Stories of Famous Buildings
- ISBN-13: 9781925695250
Imprint: AUSTRALIAN GEOGRAPHIC
- Author: Sekaninova, Stepanka
- Price: AUD 24.95
- Stock: 2383 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 31/08/2018
- Format: Hardback (280mm X 215mm) 80 pages Weight: 580g
- Categories: History & the past: general (Children/Teenage) [YNH]People & places (Children's / Teenage) [YNM]
- Offices built like baskets, super-tall towers, magnificent cathedrals, designer villas, suspension bridges - all these plus many more buildings, some very important, others just plain peculiar, await everyone who joins Philip the stork and his friend Leap the frog on their quest to crack the mysteries of architecture. Will Philip find the inspiration he needs to build the best-ever nest for his beloved Helen, making up for his first (rather lopsided) attempt? He'll investigate all kinds of architecture - Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Art Nouveau, Functionalist. Take a seat between Philip's wings - the international adventure is about to begin!
- Travel the world with Philip the Stork and discover some of the world’s most famous buildings.
- The beautiful and fun illustrations bring the structures to life.
- Discover how they were built, by whom and the history behind them.
- This fascinating gift book will appeal to anyone interested in architecture regardless of age.
- Google Preview content