Woodslane 2020 Australian Travel and Outdoor Guides
- Young children love engineering; they enjoy creating and building their worlds. Young Engineers explores the natural links between play and engineering to facilitate early engineering engagement. Through familiar play-based scenarios it introduces children to the work of engineers and things that engineers make. The colourful illustrations and rhyming text give engineering context and meaning and bring the worlds of young and older engineers closer together. 'The world is a playground for young engineers, And, young engineers have all sorts of ideas. They dream and they draw, they design and create, They always have things to improve or to make.'Young Engineers provides examples of engineering across a wide range of disciplines and provides some information about them. Together with its additional supporting material it is designed to encourage children to experience and enjoy engineering: to dream, draw, design and create. Additional educational resources provided at www.engibears.com
- Andrew is an engineer, teacher and author. He is passionate about the role that the STEM subjects play in our sustainable future and equally passionate about the importance of STEM education. He regularly presents to teachers students about engineering and facilitates student-centred workshops for young engineers. Andrew's children think he likes to build shelves in his spare time. However, he really enjoys spending time with them, playing guitar, walking his dogs and trying to play golf. Andrew's family are avid readers and have really helped him to appreciate the magic of books. Bellbowrie, QLD
Benjamin is a full-time architect as well as an illustrator. Drawing and illustrating for children have always been his passion and the opportunity of seeing life again through children's eyes is a major influence in the creation of his work. Benjamin is a member of SCBWI and CBCA and has had his work showcased in the Bologna Illustrators Gallery 2014 through SCBWI International. He has presented workshops for children through the school library network and CBCA and is an ambassador for the Books in Homes program.
- * The familiar play-based scenarios, colourful illustrations, rhyming text and diverse characters will appeal to young children and families.
* Useful for early years educators as it provides content in context.
* Endorsed by Engineers Australia, the peak professional body for engineers within Australia.
* Created by the same team behind the Engib ear series, which received the President's Prize at the 2012 Australian Engineering Excellence Awards.
Google Preview content