Search by keywords
Bulk search by ISBN
- ISBN-13: 9781925839760
Imprint: LITTLE STEPS PUBLISHING
- Author: Chanh Kien, Phuong Ong, Claire Amore & Aleksandra Szmidt
- Price: AUD 14.95
- Stock: 38 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 20/05/2020
- Format: Paperback (210mm X 210mm) 32 pages Weight: 153g
- Categories: Children's, Teenage & educational [Y]Picture books, activity books, early learning [YB]Picture books [YBC]Interest age: from c 3 years [5AC]
- A simple, sweet story about confidence and the power of mindsets. Coco’s fear is causing her to lose confidence in herself at the park. Her internal conversation starts with doubt, uncertainty, and fear but when she tells herself to stop and think, she starts to believe in herself and is willing to face her fear of the slide. Through positive self-talk and added confidence boost from her supportive friend Ruby, Coco is able to tackle her biggest fear yet and learns to have the confidence to try new things. Discussion questions are included at the end of the book to continue the conversation with your little ones. Confidence is important for children as it is linked to their sense of self-worth and self-esteem, as well as underpinning a growth mindset and their ability to develop resilience.
- Chanh Kien, Phuong Ong and Claire Amore are three working mums who have a shared passion for raising strong girls, with two daughters and five nieces between them. They met in the corporate world, with their friendship forged over their love of books, learning, and continually supporting each other. Inspired by the power of mindsets and combining their passions, their debut book is Confident Coco. They live in Melbourne, Australia. Aleksandra Szmidt grew up in a town in the south of Poland and currently resides in New Zealand. In Poland, she worked as a graphic designer. Upon moving she decided to pursue her dream as a freelance illustrator. From her home studio, Aleksandra creates one-of-a-kind artwork for clients across the world. Her love of drawing plants and animals is attributed to her landscape architecture studies. However, she prefers to design magical things often detached from reality. The majority of her artwork is traditionally created with watercolor, gouache, colored pencil. She also uses computer program like Photoshop. She loves her job and it brings her immense joy and an emotional connection to her artwork.
- * Colourful and beautifully illustrated children’s book with a lesson to be learnt. * Diverse/Asian female lead character. * Conversation starter for adults (parents, educators, grandparents, brothers, sisters, uncle, aunts etc.) to talk to children about the power of their mindset, specifically confidence. * Highlights the importance of believing in yourself, the power of positive self-talk, how uncomfortable situations can make us grow, and the value of friendship and supporting others in boosting confidence.
- Google Preview content