Rock Your Stripes
Dare to step up bravely, stand out boldly, speak up brilliantly
- ISBN-13: 9781925921007
Imprint: MH PUBLISHING
- Author: Lee, Jilinda
- Price: AUD 29.95
- Stock: 308 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 21/05/2019
- Format: Paperback (234mm X 153mm) 334 pages Weight: 460g
- Categories: Biography & True Stories [B]Society & social sciences [J]Feminism & feminist theory [JFFK]Economics, finance, business & management [K]Management: leadership & motivation [KJMB]
Rock Your Stripes is a frank, fierce, full-arse femoir; part insightful memoir, infused with feminism, lively spirted, deliberately confronting, and purposefully instructional. An experienced leader, change champion, mentor, proud feminist, and facilitator of ElevateHER – Lean In circles, Jilinda’s book bares her passion and personal mission to encourage women to step up bravely, stand out boldly, and speak up brilliantly.
Adopted as a baby, Jilinda tells of her awakening at age 7 to see life as a blank canvas; a chance to create her own unique, colourful journey. Bursting out from belittling confines, she embraces individualism, makes brave changes, and boldly disrupts the ‘play-it-safe’ conservative conformists. She shares the valuable learnings gained along a zigzag pathway of continually advocating for what is right, fair, equal in choice and rich in opportunity.
Jilinda’s core message throughout the book is:
“Don’t half-arse your way through life … choose to be your full-arse version.”
Jilinda is a Change Champion, Leadership Mentor, Organisational Development and Human Behaviour Specialist; an inspirational thought leader, dynamic speaker and outspoken advocate for women’s participation in raising the leadership bar.
1. In the midst of the #metoo and #ItsTime movements, this book encourages women to ride the current feminist wave, drop the need to compare, compete, copy or conform; and instead - embrace individuality, be unapologetically ambitious, and rock their own unique, colourful stripes.
2. If ever there was a ‘right timing’ for women to shine; for women to purposely disrupt entrenched ineffective practices; for women to be front and centre in leading much needed change; Jilinda believes that time is NOW.
3. Rock Your Stripes is a frank, fierce, full-arse femoir; part insightful memoir, infused with feminism, lively spirited, deliberately confronting, and purposefully instructional; written to inspire women to step up, stand out, speak up, and embrace equal choices.
4. Jilinda is a change champion who bares her feminist passion and shares valuable learnings gained as a business woman, leader, mother, partner, disrupter of the ordinary, and crusader of women’s rights to equal choices, aspirations, and opportunities.
5. Adopted as a baby, Jilinda tells of her awakening from a blank canvas to create her own unique, colourful journey; busting out of belittling confines, bravely driving changes, and disrupting conservative conformists to continually advocate for what is right, fair, equal in choice and rich in opportunity.
- Google Preview content