Woodslane Online Catalogues
- Juniper Bunny lives next to a farm with her family and loves her favourite oak tree. One day she is dismayed to find her tree losing its leaves! An enchanting story of learning about and discovering the delights of the four seasons. Juniper learns to adapt and embrace the changes that each season brings, from vibrant autumn leaves to glistening white snow, spring’s fragrant blooms and summer’s sunny days.
- Penelope Lau is an author and illustrator who lives in Melbourne. She has a background in stem cell research and is a mother of two young children. She is passionate about art and nature, and her work endeavours to combine the two. Her stories aim to renew the sense of wonder in children and to inspire them to appreciate the beauty in life and the world around them.
- * For pre-school and lower primary school aged children (approximately 4-7 years old).
* For children who may struggle with resilience and adapting easily.
* Themes of acceptance, positive thinking, resilience, and adaptation. Readers will gain an introduction to these positive character traits and learn, as Juniper does, to ‘keep calm, embrace the changes and remember all the good things that come with them’.
* Useful themes following the COVID-19 pandemic. Adults and children have had to adjust to a new way of living and embrace change. This aligns with the book’s core message which inspires children to accept and embrace change and allows their caregivers the opportunity to approach these issues with them.
* Supported with school and library visits (online and offline). Can be used in homes or as a classroom resource to teach about nature and seasonal change.
* Reviews and interviews on children’s book blogs, family blogs and parenting magazines.
* Digital marketing campaign to community and Facebook groups for families and children dealing with mental health, wellbeing, parenting groups, primary school teachers,
psychologists and counsellors.
* Review copies available for teachers and librarians.
* Promotional colouring and activity pages.
* Book trailer available on social media including YouTube and Instagram.
Google Preview content