All orders and inquiries during this time will be processed when we re-open
Yoga For Diabetes
How to Manage your Health with Yoga and Ayurveda
- ISBN-13: 9781939681768
- Publisher/Imprint: MONKFISH
- Author: Zinman, Rachel
- Price: AUD 44.99
- Stock: 33 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 12/04/2018
- Format: Paperback (150mm X 150mm) 316 pages Weight: 960g
- Categories: Popular medicine & health [VFD]Coping with illness & specific conditions [VFJB]Exercise & workout books [VFMG]Complementary therapies, healing & health [VXH]
In Yoga for Diabetes, regardless of your current state of health, or type of diabetes, you can look forward to learning how to:
• Reduce stress in minutes and thus improve your overall health index • Achieve healthier and more stable blood glucose levels • Find the secrets to adopting a yoga practice to suit your constitution and individual needs • Find deeper meaning in life and thus a holistic healing affecting multiple levels of your well-being
Yoga for Diabetes is a highly motivational and personalized guide to inspire readers to incorporate yoga into their daily diabetes management plan. Complete with questionnaire, inspiring photography and art, readers are gently guided to achieve better blood glucose levels, less stress and radiant health and well-being no matter what their age or level of experience.
Rachel Zinman was diagnosed with diabetes in 2008. It took six years for her to accept her diagnosis of type 1
LADA diabetes. She started yoga in high school when she was 17 and by the age of 19 she was hooked. Rachel is passionate about the deeper aspects of yoga and its ability to heal and inspire. She has spent the last 30 years practicing enthusiastically as well as teaching nationally (in Australia) and internationally since 1992. Rachel was a professional dancer from a young age and trained as a Waldorf educator teaching in both Australia and New York City.
- As a long time Australian resident and yoga teacher with a national reputation as an established senior yoga teacher Rachel trains teachers, offers, retreats workshops and mentor’s students one on one.
- 280 Australians develop diabetes every day. That’s one person every five minutes
- Around 1.7 million Australians have diabetes. This includes all types of diagnosed diabetes (1.2 million known and registered) as well as silent, undiagnosed type 2 diabetes (up to 500,000 estimated)
- More than 100,000 Australians have developed diabetes in the past year
- For every person diagnosed with diabetes there is usually a family member or carer who also ‘lives with diabetes’ every day in a support role. This means that an estimated 2.4 million Australians are affected by diabetes every day
- Google Preview content