Lost Guides - Tokyo & Beyond
A Unique, Stylish and Offbeat Travel Guide to Tokyo and Places EasilyReached From the City
- ISBN-13: 9789811405389
LOST GUIDES LIMITED
Imprint: LOST GUIDES LIMITED
- Author: Chittenden, Anna
- Price: AUD 36.95
- Stock: 193 in stock
- Availability: Order will be despatched as soon as possible.
- Local release date: 13/08/2019
- Format: Paperback (210mm X 150mm) 230 pages Weight: 380g
- Categories: Lifestyle, sport & leisure [W]Travel & holiday [WT]Travel & holiday guides [WTH]
Lost Guides – Tokyo & Beyond is a travel guide book that aims to help even the most seasoned of traveller to unlock the mystery and magic of Japan. Starting with the capital city Tokyo, the book shows the reader where the best neighbourhoods are to feel like a local, with recommendations on affordable sushi spots to cool coffee stands, flea market selling vintage kimonos to secret open-air sentos to bath in after a long day. A quick hop on the shinkansen bullet train whisks travellers away to polar opposite scenes. Try skiing in Hakuba, or onsen hopping in Hakone. Explore the rich heritage of Kyoto, or stay in a monastery in Mount Koya. Fall in love with Mount Fuji before heading back to the city for late night karaoke. Designed to be practical and useful as well as beautiful, this book is organised into neighbourhoods, with maps and original photography to give the reader all the information that they need to plan the perfect trip to Tokyo.
Tokyo: Shibuya, Nakameguro, Roppongi, Harajuku, Omotesando, Shimokitazawa, Shinjuku, Ginza & Tokyo Station, Ueno & Ryogoku
Near Tokyo: Hakuba, Hakone, Mount Fuji, Karuizawa
Beyond: Kyoto, Nara, Mount Koya
Mini Guides: Ramen Guide to Tokyo, Public Bath Guide to Tokyo, 10-Day Itinerary
Japan Photo Journal
Anna Chittenden is the author, photographer and explorer for the Lost Guides travel guidebooks. Originally from the UK, she is now based in Singapore and travels within the region for her research. She has published the guidebooks Lost Guides - Bali & Islands and Lost Guides - Singapore, as well contributing to magazine titles such as Condé Nast Traveller and Travel & Leisure. Lost Guides – Tokyo & Beyond is Anna’s third book.
Tokyo 1. Shibuya, Daikanyama & Ebisu 2. Nakameguro 3. Roppongi 4. Harajuku 5. Omotesando 6. Shimokitazawa 7. Shinjuku 8. Ginza & Tokyo Station 9. Ueno & Ryogoku Near Tokyo Hakone Hakuba Karuizawa Mount Fuji Beyond Kyoto Nara Mount Koya Tokyo Ramen Guide Tokyo Public Bath Guide Tokyo Photo Diary
* Japan attracts a record number of Australian tourists, drawn to the unique food, culture and adventure on offer. * More than 500,000 Australians visited Japan in 2018, a 12% increase from the previous year (JNTO). * Japan is the venue for two huge international events, the Rugby World Cup in 2019 and the Tokyo Olympics in 2020. * Social media marketing through Lost Guides instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Influencer marketing. Traditional magazine PR.
- Google Preview content